How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

My daughter, Mrs R F Cryer, NH 548804D 1543 634931 comes

Customer Question

My daughter, Mrs R F Cryer, NH 548804D 1543 634931 comes to England on the 15 June, 2014. You have sent her on 11 Oct. 2013 a cheque for £65.00. Ref 60-89-30.000000 608939 06349318. Her bank account here is in the name of RF Randall so she cannot bank it until she arrives back here and changes her name on her bank account to her married name.

Can you possibly extent the date of this cheque or issue another?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 4 years ago.

This site has no connection to HM Revenue & Customs I'm afraid. We just answer UK tax questions from individuals such as yourself. I can tell you what you need to do but if you'd prefer not to deal with me on this you should ask just answer for a refund or I can do that for you. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, please tell me how to contact HM Revenue & Customs. If you cannot, I would like a refund. I have tried google with no results.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would be most grateful if you could answer my reply. Julia Randall

Expert:  TonyTax replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Your daughter should write to the Liverpool address near the bottom of the HMRC website page here to ask for another cheque as they become invalid after six months. She could also try calling the number near the top of the page to have the cheque replaced. HMRC won't talk to you about your daughter's tax affairs unless they have signed authority to do so from her I'm afraid.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.