How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4959
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Daughters employer only declared 16 hours paye for the last

This answer was rated:

Daughters employer only declared 16 hours paye for the last 5 and a half years when she was working 35 hours for the last 4 years. but apparently deducted tax and ni for total pay employer would not provde pay slips or p60.who is liable for the tax and ni not paid to hmrc.he also never paid holiday pay. she thought employer was paying tax and ni .but only came to light after trying to get employer to provide pay slips when he would not we contacted hmrc and found out employer was only declaring 16 hours who will be liable to pay the tax and ni arrears. Owed to hmrc and will it be possible to recieve holiday pay with out proof that it was never paid employer offered £1500 ex gratia payment but included waivers that said all company property ie time sheets and video recordings of hours worked
Had to be errased to recieve this payment daughter had to quit employment she has now found out that the employer is telling customers the she was sacked which is not true is this lible
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

HMRC will collect underpaid tax and NI from the employer. HMRC can also fine the employer for refusal to provide Pay Slips and P60s. Such failures attract fixed penalties running into hundreds of pounds for each infringement.

The libel can be dealt with by a solicitor. Such actions can be very expensive to mount. A solicitor could also advise on the GBP 1500 ex gratia payment as the the effect of taking it as it may not, in itself, constitute a full and final settlement though the employer might be under the impression that this is the case.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.