How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15975
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Is there any tax relief to be had in relation to payment for

This answer was rated:

Is there any tax relief to be had in relation to payment for student accommodation living allowances paid for a dependant at university?

I'm afraid that there are no tax reliefs for student accommodation fees. The only way to pay for such fees out of funds accumulated tax free is to use funds from an ISA or a pension fund but that would mean a degree of anticipation years in advance of the student attending university.

I'm sorry I coulsdn't give you a positive answer. Let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you