How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14199
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am 65 still working full time, company car, received my state

Customer Question

I am 65 still working full time, company car, received my state pension & private pension. how can I reduce my paye
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts here on Just Answer.

Had you sought advise prior to drawing your state pension, I would have suggested considering deferring it whilst you were still employed. This would have allowed at any time after a 12 month period to have started to draw it, with then the option of the accrued lump sum, OR a larger weekly amount.

However as matters stand - the only other option would be whether you were entitled to any expenses through your employment
I would therefore consider, whether your employer covers the business mileage for you with the company car, or whether you suffer this cost yourself.
Do you subscribe to any professional organisations in line with your job
Do you wear a uniform or a logo'd part uniform
Do you pay out for any tools, that your employer does not reimburse you for
Would it be viable to hand back the company car and use your own- and if so, what business mileage do your undertake each year.

Let me know if any these might apply to you, and I can then provide additional information.