How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7512
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

1. Why has my tax gone from 356T to 315T. 2.Why am I still

Customer Question

1. Why has my tax gone from 356T to 315T.
2.Why am I still on a Temporary Code
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.



There could be any number of reasons why your tax allowances have been reduced by £410. The tax office could be collecting tax you owe from an earlier tax year, your taxable employment benefits if you have any may have increased, if you are a pensioner your income may be above the level at which you start to lose age allowance etc.


If you can let me know your circumstances, eg whether you are working more than one job, whether you are a pensioner, whether you have your tax code to hand and can tell me what is in it as any changes that are made mean that you will be notified by HMRC, what your income level is and what sources of income you have, what you date of birth is and whether you have any employment benefits or not I'll try to give you some advice.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.
I see you have posted another question, so to speak. Do you want me to have this question closed down?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.
OK. Leave it with me.