How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4799
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I earn over £28000 but want to change jobs.I have found one

Customer Question

I earn over £28000 but want to change jobs.I have found one but it is quite a wage drop.Would the goverment make up my money to arround the amount I earn at the moment.Like everyone else I have a mortgage and worry about be able to pay for it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

In a word, no! Having said that on a low income you may be entitled to various what used to be termed social security payments. However you would not be entitled to Income Support unless you worked under 16 hours a week.

Sorry to the purveyor of such gloomy news. You might be better advised not to vacate your current employment