bigduckontax, Accountant

When to charge VAT

I have a UK limited company providing IT consultancy services. There is a potential client with a company based in Belize who is leasing computer servers in the Netherlands and wants my company to install and configure software on them which they will then use for pre-sales activities. The intention is that I will be based in the UK and installing on their servers through a remote connection. Do I charge the potential client VAT at 20% on my invoices?

Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

If you are invoicing a Balize based organisation then the service is an export and the rate of VAT to be imposed is nil percent. It is classed as a zero rated supply.

I do hope I have given you the assistance you require.
Thank you for your support.