How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

If a foreign company has rental income from uk properties paid

This answer was rated:

If a foreign company has rental income from uk properties paid direct to them, would the foreign company have to pay any UK taxes
Non-resident landlords are persons (this term includes individuals, companies and trustees) who have:
UK rental income
a 'usual place of abode' outside the UK
Companies that have their main office or other place of business outside the UK, and companies incorporated outside the UK, will normally have a usual place of abode outside the UK. The foreign company would be a nonresident landlord.
If you have rental property in the UK but your usual home is outside the UK, your tenants will need to operate the Non-resident Landlord (NRL) Scheme. They need to deduct basic rate tax from rental income before they pass it onto you.
The foreign company (unless there is a tax treaty between the UK and their country) has a tax obligation to the UK on property in the UK that is used for rental.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you