How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14164
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

i owe £3600 in tax that should have been paid in Jan i dont

This answer was rated:

i owe £3600 in tax that should have been paid in Jan i dont have the money but want to pay £100 a week how do i do this

Thanks for your question, I am Sam and am one of the UK tax experts on Just Answer.

You contact HMRC (by telephone) proposing the £100 a week - and as long as this does interfere with any other tax becoming due (such as a payment for July 2014 if you are self employed) then HMRC should accept this.
They may wish you to provide details of your income and expenditure to establish if this is both affordable to you and also the most you can afford.
Finally they will also request that this be paid by direct debit, to ensure the payments are made on time.

Then when agreed they will send you a latter detailing what has been agreed.

let me know if you have any follow up questions


Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Steve

How did you get on with HMRC, were they agreeable to your offer of payment plan?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Sam


i rang the tax people and got it all sorted with weekly payments thanks

Hi Steve

That's wonderful - Im so pleased.

Do come back to Just Answer if you have any more tax questions, and you can always ask for me Sam Tax in the opening of any new post.