How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7544
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

We have owned a house in France for 25 years It cost us

Customer Question

We have owned a house in France for 25 years

It cost us £75K and we hope to sell for approx. £135K

What will UK and French CGT amount to?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

I am Sam and am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer,

As this is the UK tax forum, we can answer the UK tax position but not the French, would you like me to proceed?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Sam-I am an FCA and know the UK position


It is the interaction of French and UK that I need


Thanks for your email


Please refund my payment





Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Hi Hugh

Thanks for your response

We can advise how the French side interacts with the UK, but not the actual French position.

If you would still prefer to obtain a refund you will need to contact customer services as we experts answer the questions rather than deal with the admin side of the site.

Link here for you to do this.