How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4942
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a limited company to manage handle my software consulting

This answer was rated:

I have a limited company to manage handle my software consulting business. Most of the time I am working away from home on contracts. Can I claim any tax allowances for my home office? Thanks
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question. I regret the news I bring is not what you will want to hear.

Your fees will be those of the limited company. Presumably you are a director of that company so any fees passed by the company to you must be made under PAYE.

Thus the company is effectively hiring an office from you personally, though presumably not paying for it! Were you self employed they you could set room of your house against your tax, but as an employee you cannot. You could try asking HMRC if they will allow any dedcuction from your income tax, but I doubt your success in such an enterprise.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support. I am so sorry I couldn't be of more help to you in this amtter.