TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.

I have to spend about 20 thousand pounds for medical reasons,

I have to spend about 20 thousand pounds for medical reasons, in private. At the moment I work as a software developer with a permanent position in UK.

Is there anything I can do with the receipts of my medical costs to reduce the taxes and get something more on my salary?

I'm afraid there are no tax reliefs for private medical expenses tthat you can claim.

I'm sorry my answer is not good news. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are there any expenses I can claim? What about the renting?

The renting of what? I thought this question was about medical expenses.

If you are refering to the rent you pay for your home, then you cannot claim tax relief for any of that unless you work from home and only then in very restricted circumstances. Take a look here for the types of expenses you can claim as an employee.