How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have question in regards XXXXX XXXXX submission.I am trying

This answer was rated:

I have question in regards XXXXX XXXXX submission.
I am trying to amend already submitted ct600. I have made changes to ct600 PDF file but when I get to 2. Accounts - Approve, I am not sure if I should type today today or leave date when original CT600 was submitted?

And then 4. CT600 - Final Calculation, Corporation Tax already paid (and not already repaid):, should I put there amount that I have already paid. As this CT600 is for 2012-13, that tax have been already paid, so not sure if I should leave it empty as originally it was or I should insert amount paid because as it stands now it's been paid.

So basically when amending CT600 should I amend it as I would fill it in in 2013, or should I make changes to match it with today date?
Are there any other changes that I would need to do?

Hope that makes sense?!
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise the nature of changes.

Many thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



It's in regards XXXXX XXXXX question you have answered before. If you could look back that would give you good idea.


Tax question on 05/05/2014 - Hi, I have a question. I am now preparing CT600 for second


Hope that helps.




Krystian, thank you for your reply.

Your adjustments and amended CT600 are to reflect correct position/statement as at year end.

I recommend you show today's date to cover amendment to share capital as you would fill it in in 2013.

A far as tax is concerned , leave the amount blank and not show as it stands today.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok so it should be as below:


2. Accounts - Approve 18.05.2014
4. CT600 - Final Calculation, Corporation Tax already paid (and not already repaid): - BLANK


Is that correct?


In response to your reply, I agree with 2 and 4 as shown by you.

This return is an amended CT600 return to ensure called up share capital as filed with Companies House is consistent with accounts filed with HMRC.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I notice you have viewed my response to your questions (</spanCustomerLast Viewed on 18/05/2014 at 20:25).

Just checking to see if you have any issues relating to your question that I may not have addressed.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get credited for it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Sorry for delay and thanks for your answer. One more, I need to update details at the company house as well. I believe that there is no form as such to submit, so will I just rewrite my last submission in Word and change what required, then at the top write Amendment?




Krys, thanks for your reply.

If you are making changes/amendments to the accounts already submitted to Companies House, then you have to send revised accounts in the post and clearly mark on the first page that these are amended accounts. You can't file amended accounts online, I'm afraid.

I hope this is helpful.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.



yes that's what I meant, but what revised accounts? Will I print out accounts that I have submitted and score wrong amount, and write next to it new one, or should I rewrite it in the Word document, print it and post it?

You should rewrite the accounts and put a statement at the top "Amended accounts".

I hope this is helpful. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.