How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

hi I am a self employed musician who occasionally has to pay

This answer was rated:

hi I am a self employed musician who occasionally has to pay other people for concerts. How do I show that I do not recieve all the income?


You need to keep records of all your income and expenditure, whether the transactions are in cash or by cheque or bank transfer. If you make a payment to another person in relation to your business, if they won't give you a receipt or an invoice, keep a note of the payment, their name and the nature of the payment in your diary or whatever form you keep your business records in, a computer spreadsheet for example. Make notes on your bank statements and keep cheque stubs.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you