How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15975
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

i have made a net trading loss of £5200 in my first year trading,

Customer Question

i have made a net trading loss of £5200 in my first year trading, i have a capital allowance to claim do i add or subtract this amount from the trading loss to give the net loss for tax purposes
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

If you claim the capital allowance, it will increase your loss for tax purposes. You don't have to claim the maximum possible capital allowances. You have the choice to claim nothing or something between nothing and the maximum.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you I was having trouble getting my head round that one
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.
No problem.