How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4800
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am about to start a full time job paying a set salary of

Customer Question

I am about to start a full time job paying a set salary of £18000, my wife earns a salary of £4200 for doing 12 hours a week, since she looks after our 1year old daughter, and we pay no childcare costs. Can you please work out what entitlement we could expect from working tax credits and child tax credits. My salary last year was higher, but this year it will be much lower.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

It you go to the Government web site 'Tax credits' and follow the link to Child Credit [second one down] you will be presented with a calculator option. This requires the entry of a plethora of personal data to provide an estimate of the Tax Credit you might receive. I appreciate that its completion is confusing and time consuming, but regret that it is the only practical way forward.

I am of the opinion that you would be well advised to use this link rather than giving me the information on an open web enquiry site.