bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Last year and again this year I have received the following

Last year and again this year I have received the following Email content directly to my personal E.Mail account - with the current fraud threats that are publicised on TV and elaswhere can you confirm this is a genuine contact and legitimate refund

Content is as shown below and was sent from the address shown
Address is
HM Revenue & Customs

Content is
undefined Dear Applicant:

You have received a tax refund payment of 632.25GBP from HMRC (HM Revenue & Customs) into your Internet Banking Account.

Please accept the tax refund request. The money will appear in your Internet Banking Account within 6-12 days.
A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons.
For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

Please click on sign in to Online Banking to accept your incoming funds

Best Regards

HM Revenue & Customs

Business Link access to better business - opens Business Link homepage in a new window Crown Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Directgov straight through to public services - opens Directgov homepage in a new window

PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NOT AT ANY TIME MADE ANY CLAIM SINCE RETIRING THROUGH VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCY IN 2012

REGARDS,

hOWARD lYTHGOE
Hello Howard, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

This has all the classic hallmarks of a scam. Ignore it and pass it to HMRC for their information.

The scammers are after bank account details which once they have them they will empty the account!

I do hope I have helped.
Thank you for your support.