How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Holiday letting company is holding over £ 3.800 and does not

Customer Question

Holiday letting company is holding over £ 3.800 and does not pay since 17 of June 2004. What should I do? many Thanks Luciana
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise if the holiday letting company has admitted to owing you this money?

Have you formally written to the company demading settlement of account

Many thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am looking for a lawyer not a tax adviser, could you please put me with the write people that can help. Thank you, Regards Luciana

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but I thing I came to the wrong site, I am looking for lawyer. My case is not a tax problem. Could you put me with the wright department. Many thanks, Luciana

Expert: replied 3 years ago.
Luciana, thank you for your reply.

I am a qualified accountant and have dealt with debt collection in my capacity as finance director and practising accountant. Although I am not a lawyer I have good knowledge of debt collection.

You should formally write to the company and ask for settlement of debt within 7 working days threatening the company to take legal action if monies not settled.

After this period is over, you should bring an action in the small claims court. You will have to produce documents supporting the debt.

The company will be obliged to acknowledge the debt or produce a defence.

This is a relatively easy process and you don't need a lawyer to represent you unless the case is complex.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.


If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.