How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4960
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I need help filling in the webfiling on the companies house

This answer was rated:

I need help filling in the webfiling on the companies house website. I have my balance sheet and profit and loss statements but im getting stressed as I don't understand it. My accounts are on sage 50 style

Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

It is relatively simple, said he as a qualified accountant, but I do have to admit that it can be difficult as a result of the rather odd classifications of expenditure! Do you have A4 sized copies of the final accounts (even better the sbbreviated accounts) duly signed by a director? If so, why bother; Companies House still accept hard copies or, at least, that is what they told me! It will only cost you a second class stamp and much less hassle.

Of course you can combine your Companies House filing with your on line company tax return. If you failed to opt for this option, but still successfully filed for tax then go into the tax package again and opt for the CH filing also. i have done this when I forgot to tick the appropriate box.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts in front of me ready to input online..This is my first time doing anything like this and im so stressed I could cry right now. My accounts are due tomorrow :(

Before you get yourself into a complete fankel as we say in Scotland, have you filed on line for Corporation Tax?.

You have 9 months to file accounts at CH.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im filing for year November 2012-31october 2013 Ive only just registered to corporation tax and just got the code through today :/ hellppppp lol

Does not Sage 50 not do this return for you if you ask?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was going to file my accounts with companies house and then my company tax return after that with hmrc :/ is that not right but yes I can pull the records from sage when I need them.x omg im so stressed right now what do you think I should do?:,(

File for Corporation Tax on line and opt for the accounts to be filed with CH also. It is by far the easiest method.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.