How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5142
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Am I correct in thinking that any profit I make from selling

This answer was rated:

Am I correct in thinking that any profit I make from selling shares this year up to £11000 is not connected to the tax free amount that I am allowed from my income from working. Thanking you in advance.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Gains allowance is separate from personal allowance.

You are entitled to persoanl allowance of £10,000 plus gains allowance of £11,000 (against capital gains)

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Your reward of a generous bonus is greatly appreciated

Best wishes