How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

cashing in shares and receiving £60,000what would i have to

This answer was rated:

cashing in shares and receiving £60,000what would i have to pay in capital gains tax
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.
Please advise what your cost price of the shares sold was.
Many thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the shares are part of a trust fund the amount quoted are the book values given to me by the trustees i have an option of requesting the shares to be sold but need to know how much tax i will be liable for before agreeing

William, thank you for your reply. If the shares are held in a trust then the annual exempt amount for CGT purposes would be £5,500 and not £11,000 and CGT rate on the gain would be 28%. I hope this is helpful and answers your question. If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you