Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

cashing in shares and receiving £60,000what would i have to

cashing in shares and receiving £60,000what would i have to pay in capital gains tax
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.
Please advise what your cost price of the shares sold was.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the shares are part of a trust fund the amount quoted are the book values given to me by the trustees i have an option of requesting the shares to be sold but need to know how much tax i will be liable for before agreeing

William, thank you for your reply. If the shares are held in a trust then the annual exempt amount for CGT purposes would be £5,500 and not £11,000 and CGT rate on the gain would be 28%. I hope this is helpful and answers your question. If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you