How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

When I calculate my personal net income for UK tax purposes

This answer was rated:

When I calculate my personal net income for UK tax purposes can I take into account payments made to Venture Capital Trusts as a specified relief?

You get a straight 30% tax relief on your VCT investment as you will read here, so long as you have paid an equivalent amount of tax, so it doesn't actually reduce your income for tax purposes I'm afraid. I suspect you are looking at whether the VCT investment reduces your income below £100,000 for the purposes of the "adjusted net income" calculation. If so, read about that here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you