How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4942
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

we need to talk again

Customer Question

we need to talk again
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
However, what do we need to talk about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr keith

sorry to come back to you.

But the answer you gave and the reassurance did not help me with further help from solicitors....As time scale of 6 years applies to only civil matters.

Hopefully you can give me some more assurance this time.

Some updates are included in this message that could help you give more precise answers.The worrying part is my health is just getting worse.

So please reply.


I am going to put the whole picture on this e-mail....

we have no record of any.

Fraud, criminal convictions, or any bad records with police or any organization.

Just please put my mind at rest and help me with my inquiry and any follow up questions.

From my research


What is Incapacity Benefit?

Incapacity Benefit is for people unable to work because of illness or a disability. It is paid if Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) has ended, or if you cannot get SSP (SSP is paid for the first 28 weeks of sickness).

You must have paid enough National Insurance contributions to qualify.

You can also claim an adult dependant increase for your spouse, civil partner or someone who looks after your children

It is not means-tested, so the amount you receive does not depend on your income or


However, if you make a new claim to IB for a date on or after 6th April 2001, you will have any gross Pension Income taken into account when the payable rate of benefit is being calculated.

Important Please read the statement.

1- Period from when the incapacity benefit started (1997)

This period applies from 1997 up to 2003 where no business activity was done, by either me or my wife.

2- from 2003 till 2008 my wife alone was doing business in properties all in her name.

( We filled in the tax returns, all Losses so did not see necessary to advise DSS)

3- From 2008 to 2014 ….No business was done as my wife suffered bad health.

( We filled in the tax returns, all Losses so did not see necessary to advise DSS)

4 – on the 03-07-2014 I was put on income based employment support allowance from contribution based one.

5 – On the 8-8-2014 I was called at DSS office for compliance for over payment and asked to produce 2 months bank statement.

6 - I have never worked since 1997.

7- when I asked why they are not interviewing my wfe they kept quiet.

My concerns. Please answer as best as you can.

1- Why did they not want to interview my wife is it because she was on no benefit apart from being added on to my main benefit.

2 - If i have broken the law then what monies can they ask for back.

3 - In 2008 my wife wanted to buy a property but the lenders could not give her a mortgage as the income she showed was less.

the lenders said if they include my pension monies then they will give her the mortgage.

So my name was included in the mortgage..

4 - how does monies included for my wife and childrens affect the overall picture from liability point of view.

5 –

where do i stand in all this as i just go on like this.

Please reply.


Mr Raja.

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
You would appear to have received misleading advice. If you look at the law on Limitations you will find that the 6 year rule is not confined to private debts. It is only to tax and not benefits to which limitation does not apply. I suggest you seek local guidance from another source.