How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4948
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Hello,I am doctor working in NHS.I am doing locums through

Customer Question

Hello,I am doctor working in NHS.I am doing locums through employment agency(doctors on call).Every few months I have new contracts.I am from Lithuania (EU) and spend more 6 months in UK.I no need pension or social.what lowest tax scheme I can have.I tryed through Umbrella company and get discounted arond 45%.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
If you work for the NHS you would normally be paid under PAYE and tax and National Insurance automatically deducted from you emoluments. If you are not under PAYE then you are self employed and must so advise your tax office and make annual self assessment tax returns.
You are resident in the UK for Income Tax purposes and liable for Income Tax and national Insurance contributions.
I do hope I have helped. please follow up if you have more enquiries on this matter. I am just going out, but available again at lunchtime.