How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17191
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Do you have to pay VAT when buying a new camping pod

Customer Question

Do you have to pay VAT when buying a new camping pod
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
Yes, generally you will see the advertised price with VAT included.
If the seller is registered for VAT, they must charge VAT on all VAT taxable supplies of goods and services that they make.
Different rates of VAT apply to different types of goods and services, and there are some goods and services that aren't taxable for VAT at all.
Goods and services that are exempt from VAT include:
insurance (but there is an Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) that may apply instead)
some services from doctors and dentists
some types of education and training
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
CustomerLast Viewed on 19/08/2014 at 14:56
Did you need more info?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
Hi ,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?