How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5145
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I live in the UK and it is where I pay income tax, however

This answer was rated:

I live in the UK and it is where I pay income tax, however I own a house in the Irish republic which I have let for the past number of years. Where do I pay income tax on the surplus. If the tenant pays a withholding tax (20% of gross rent) to the Irish revenue how do I get credit for this.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You would pay income tax on the surplus in the Irish Republic and also claim foreign tax credit paid in Ireland against the UK tax.

When completing your UK tax complete supplementary pages SA106. More information on this can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.