How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5142
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Hi there, I have a company accounting year end 31.12.2013,

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
I have a company accounting year end 31.12.2013, what paye periods do i need to enter for these accounts?
What can I claim in the accounts from the payroll as an expense against profit - just the e/er NIC??
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Your PAYE periods for these accounts would be
Jan-Mar 2013 from PAYE tax year 2012-13
Apr-Dec 2013 from PAYE tax year 2013-14.

You would claim gross pay and oncost (employer NI) as payroll costs in your accounts.
In addition, if you have paid any expenses to employees, these would be claimable as allowable expenses.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes