How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Hi I have just got NT tax code from UK My employer is based

This answer was rated:

I have just got NT tax code from UK
My employer is based in Uk,but I work from home in France
I qualify easily for non residency UK,as spend only maximum 20 days per year in UK and no longer have any other ties other than minor aged daughter who lives with ex wife.
I still pay UK NI contributions
My question is :
" do I need to pay income tak in France"
Thanks for reply

The "NT" stands for No Tax. If you are non-UK resident, then the tax code is correct.

Take a look at Article 15 of the France/UK tax treaty here which deals with employment income. If you are resident in France for tax purposes, you will have to pay tax on your UK earnings. It is almost impossible to pay tax nowhere unless you live in a tax haven or on a yacht travelling the world.

You should also refer to the notes here and here on what defines French tax residency and take local advice to determine your tax position definitively.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you