How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4782
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am about to move to work in Saudi Arabia. What's the maximum

This answer was rated:

I am about to move to work in Saudi Arabia. What's the maximum number of days in a year can I return to the UK in order to avoid UK income tax?
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
When you leave these shores send a form P85 to your tax office. HMRC will then make you non resident for the tax year after your departure and split the leaving year into two portions, one resident and one non resident. The form also provides for any over paid tax to be refunded to you. This can be done on line.
Once you are in Saudi you retain your non resident status providing you do not spend more than 91 days in the UK in any one tax year. This can be averaged over four years, but the general consensus of expert opinion on this site is never to exceed the 91 days in any tax year.
I do hope I have helped you with your question.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.