How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17145
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Hi I cashed in a Pension with Rothersay Pension in 2009 for

This answer was rated:

Hi I cashed in a Pension with Rothersay Pension in 2009 for amount of £10,000 but the taxman took 75%from it in tsx £2,245.98 it think that wss too much to pay also i wkrked for a job agency for a week back in 2013 paid £34 tax not got back i wss unemployed in 2009 and now I stil am at the moment John Mcphilbin/Minehead
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
You can telephone or write to tell HMRC why you think you've paid too much tax on your earnings or pensions for the tax years from 6 April 2010. They may already have everything they need to check your claim. If not, they'll tell you what information they need. HMRC will send you a P800 Tax Calculation and any refund due.
There are time frames that must be met to claim any refund of an overpayment. For tax years 2009 to 10 your tax year ended 5 April 2010, you would have had to made your enquiry by 5 April 2014.
You can call the hotline though. 0300(###) ###-####is the number to call.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you