How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4959
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My wife and I have a joint investment that produces income.

This answer was rated:

My wife and I have a joint investment that produces income. For tax purposes do we have to split the income 50/50% or can we divide it differently.
Thank you
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
HMRC will assume that such income is split equally unless there is evidence to the contrary. You can make a different division, but it would be advisable to make an agreement between you in writing, preferably witnessed, in case of a query by HMRC.
I do hope I have shown you the way forward in this matter.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.