How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17633
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

de lucy Adelphi ltd ref 623 51742 05438 I received a letter

This answer was rated:

de lucy Adelphi ltd
ref 623 51742 05438
I received a letter ref corporation tax for this company as far as iam concerned this company is not existent either as a trading/none trading . how do I get this company closed
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
When you say that 'as far as you are concerned etc' did you ever have any connection with this company and, if so, what was this connection. On receipt of this information I can advise you further.
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
You would need to contact HMRC and let them know that this company is not an active company.
Please be advised if yourcompany stops tradin you still have to pay corporation tax for the final period.
Also, in extreme cases, where you continue not to pay your company's Corporation Tax, HMRC will apply to the Court for a winding-up order to have your company closed down.
You will also need to deal with Company House.

A limited company can request to be closed / dissolved under Section 1003 of the Companies Act 2006, providing that it meets all of the following requirements:

  • Not traded within the last 3 months
  • Not changed the company name within the last 3 months
  • Is not subject to any legal proceedings, current or proposed
  • Has not made a disposal for value of property or rights

When all of the above criteria are met the Striking Off application (DS01) can be complete.

You should contact the tax office that deals with your company's tax affairs. A number should be on the notice you received.

TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17633
Experience: International tax
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you