How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4782
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

someone set up a company in my name I did not sign anything

This answer was rated:

someone set up a company in my name I did not sign anything and iam receiving letters from the hmrc I need to get this company closed saap
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Respond to HMRC telling them that you have no connection with this company which was set up without your knowledge or authority. If they persist then just continue batting their letters back with the same message. Leave it to HMRC to sort the matter out, it is not your concern.
I have lived in my current house for over 36 years and some time ago I received a string of letters dunning a person unknown for a debt. Each envelope was marked 'refused' and 'No one of this name has ever lived at this address for 30 odd years' and put back in the pillar box. Finally a 'Letter Before Action' was received from a firm of Solicitors which received the same treatment. The flow finally stopped!
I do hope I have pointed you in the right direction.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your excellent support.