How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I want to no if you can still claim tax credits working and

This answer was rated:

I want to no if you can still claim tax credits working and child on a single claim if you get 60k from an estate and that capital wasn't gaining any interest?
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
When it comes to savings and capital sums the tax credit office are only be interested in what income you earn from this capital sum (so any interest or dividends if shares were bought - but you state NIL is earned) then this will NOT affect your claim and you still have an entitlement, Just disclose the fact there is this capital sum in your possession, and that no interest is earned from it.
That way you know
1) you have made a full disclosure and
2) That the amount you receive is paid with them knowing your full financial position
Let me know if you require any follow up assistance, on my response.
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you