How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I worked in retail for 40years and retired in April 2013 could

This answer was rated:

I worked in retail for 40years and retired in April 2013 could I cliam back uniform tax for the years I was in employment.


You can make a claim tax relief for the cost of work uniform cleaning as far back as the 2010/11 tax year. Take a look here and here for more information. If you don't consider any of the job types listed apply to you, you can make a claim for tax relief on £60 per tax year.

Read the notes here and complete a P87 for each tax year you wish to make a claim for and submit them online to the tax office. If you prefer, the paper form is here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you