How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17613
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

We are a charity and are hoping to employ a cleaner in the

This answer was rated:

We are a charity and are hoping to employ a cleaner in the near future. The person would be a pensioner and the only one paid, do we make her self employed or use paye?
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
In order to answer this question it is necessary to determine whether the person works under a contract of service (employees) or under a contract for services (self-employed, independent contractor).
The same considerations to determine employment status will apply even if the worker works part-time or on a casual basis.
If this individual is employed by the charity then they are an employee and PAYE applies.
My goal is to give you excellent service.
If my answer addressed your question please rate. Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Eileen,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
You Last Viewed on 27/10/2014 at 15:30 but did not rate or post any follow up.
Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Robin

We are unsure whether we will employ a cleaner, but if we do, she will be self employed, so our question has been answered.

Thanks for your help


Thank you for that update.
Best wishes to your group.