How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5115
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have not paid income tax for a year how do get help on how

Customer Question

I have not paid income tax for a year how do get help on how to pay the outstanding tax
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

There is advice available from HMRC if you have difficulties paying your tax in full when due.

There is HMRC's Business Payment Support Service helpline. YOu can contact them on 0300(###) ###-####

You should be prepared to offer a realistic payment plan for their favourable consideration. They are likely to be more receptive to an offer to clear the outstanding tax in say no more than 18 months than paying over say 2/3 years.

More information on what help is available and how to approach HMRC can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.