How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14155
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I started invoicing for my care services the last week in October

This answer was rated:

I started invoicing for my care services the last week in October so when should I register with HMRC as a self employed person
Thanks for your question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on just Answer.
You should register with HMRC within the end of the third month that you took on your first client, or advertised for trading - (its not determined by the invoice date, which could be yet a month later if you invoice month end)
Its imperative that you meet this deadline to avoid a £100 penalty for late registration.
You can either register online or via the telephone or by completing CWF1
Link here for these
Telephone number link
CWF1 - which you print off and post to HMRC
Let me know if you have any follow up questions, on the information I have provided.
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you