How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17657
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I have been registered under the CIS construction scheme since

This answer was rated:

I have been registered under the CIS construction scheme since January 2014, I have a UTR number and have been having tax deducted at 20% am I due a refund?
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are registered the contractor takes off an amount (currently 20 per cent) before they pay you and they must pay this over to HMRC. HMRC will set any deductions that have already been made from your payments against this bill.
You'll need to complete a Self Assessment tax return at the end of the year. HMRC will work out your tax bill and set any deductions you've had made against it. This will show whether you're due a refund or you need to make further payments.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you