How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

tax summary,item 1,income from employment,£620.16.what is this

Customer Question

tax summary,item 1,income from employment,£620.16.what is this please,i am retired and aged 81.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

This site is not connected with HMRC so I cannot see what you are looking at. I may be able to help but I need you to confirm that you wish me to do so before I continue.

If you do wish me to try to help can you tell me exactly what you are looking at please. Is it a P800 tax calculation or an SA302 or another form such as your tax return?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hm reven&customs annual tax summary 2013-2014 ref number250039:00005071:001 34900

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.


I'm not entirely sure what you have in front of you but from what you have told me, its probably a P800 tax calculation or an SA302 tax calculation. One of these codes will be on the bottom left of the form.

You appear to be querying a figure of £620.16 income from employment as you say you are retired. If you had no income from employment in 2013/14, you will need to contact the tax office on the number here, tell them that you don't recognise that figure and ask them to check it while you are on the phone to them. They will either confirm that they have made a mistake and rectify it or tell you what the source of the income is. I cannot check this for you as I don't work for HMRC so I have no access to you tax file. All I can do is advise you what you need to do in these circumstances which is what I do for other people who come to this tax question site. I'll be happy to advise you further once you have spoken to HMRC and have heard what they have to say and you still need help.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the info,not realy helpful I have telephoned HMRC,they will be responding by letter in 14 days as they still have me down as employed.this isnot correct.thanks for your time!

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I'm pleased it looks to have been sorted out. If you haven't received a letter in 21 days, call the tax office again. HMRC post is sent second class I'm afraid. Please don't forget to rate my answer before you leave.