How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4947
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have earned £5,040 extra since 2003 for wedding fees at work.

This answer was rated:

I have earned £5,040 extra since 2003 for wedding fees at work. there have been 84 weddings at £60 a time, on average 4 to 8 weddings a year, I was unaware I needed to inform the tax office, now I am concerned that I can get into trouble for this, please help me.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question. The news I bring will not, I fear, be to your liking.
You will have to make your peace with your tax inspector. You must write to HMRC and advise then of this additional source of income which you have not declared. Having made that declaration you will, of course, have to pay any additional tax and NI contributions required. furthermore, you may be charged penalties for failing to declare. You could be in for a considerable bill.
I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.
You can read details of penalties here: