How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7520
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am a trustee for a trust which is being wound up. The trust

Customer Question

I am a trustee for a trust which is being wound up. The trust owned a property which has just been sold and some shares all of which have been sold. What will be the capital gains tax rate for both of these please?
Martin Turner
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

Before I can respond I need to know what type of trust is being wound up. Here is HMRC's guidance of trust types:

I am off to bed now and will give your reply full attention first thing tomorrow morning.