How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I have a flat(not my resident home) which is mortgage free

This answer was rated:

I have a flat(not my resident home) which is mortgage free and currently being rented out. I have declared my rental income. Now, I am thinking of selling it and use the money to buy a another property to rent out instead. Do I still have to pay capital gain tax since all my money will be reinvest back into the new property?

I'm afraid that you cannot defer the potential CGT liability from the dale of the first property by reinvesting in another property you intend to let unless the residential property you are selling is a furnished holiday let and the residential property that you intend to buy will also be a furnished holiday let. Take a look here for information on business asset rollover relief.

I hope this clarifies your situation but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you