How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4970
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I run a VAT registered company selling new products on line

This answer was rated:

I run a VAT registered company selling new products on line and in person at shows.
I have been approached by a client who wishes that I sell some of his own items on a commission basis. This will entail me advertising them on our website.
We would be responsible for taking payment from the purchasing customer, providing them with a receipt, deducting the commission and passing the remainder to the client.
What would our VAT liability be in this instance?
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
You would be responsible for paying the VAT on the sales. the settlement with your client should be net on this VAT. If the client is registered for VAT then he will have to issue an invoice once he is cognisant of the sums involved and you would pass it through your books as input tax which you would reclaim.
I do hope I have shown you the way forward.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.