bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am self employed and charge out my business miles to my clients,

I am self employed and charge out my business miles to my clients, who pay me the HMRC rate. Do I show this as income and claim my mileage allowance fon my self assessment forms, or what?
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
This is deducted from your income in your accounts. It goes in Box 20 of the SA103F [if you submit a full return], alternatively in Box 12 of the SA103S [if the short version is utilised]. As self employed you have to complete a SA103 in addition to the SA100.
Simple, as the Mercat in the TV advert would say!
I do hope I have helped you with your query.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Keith, does this mean that I enter it as income on the left, then show it as a mileage expenditure on the right?

No, you merely deduct motor mileage in boxes 12/20 as appropriate.
Thank you for your support.