How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I own a maltese company that owns a flat in london. I bought

This answer was rated:

I own a maltese company that owns a flat in london. I bought it in 2002 for gbp 65o,ooo fully furnished and including a car parking space.
i have been offered gbp 1,100,000 for it. It was rented for a period of three years and my accountant submitted a return to HMRC and tax paid on the income
if the company sells the flat is it liable to CGT ?
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
The UK government announced that it will charge capital gains tax
(CGT) on gains made by non-residents disposing of UK residential property, from April 2015.
The charge will come into effect in April 2015 and apply only to gains arising from that date.
To non-UK resident individuals, trustees, certain closely-held fund structures and companies; On the disposal of UK residential property, including rental properties; and Capital gains tax will be charged on the increase in value of the property from 6 April 2015 onwards.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you