How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17124
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

If I ask my (employed) child to pay for his share of household

This answer was rated:

If I ask my (employed) child to pay for his share of household bills, do I have to declare it?
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
Not that HMRC addresses this much but where people who live together as a family unit, such as parents, children and couples, contributions to the household running costs this is not rental income at all.
You would not be required to declare your child paying his share of the family home and expenses.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you