How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My mum received 300,000.00 from abroad, we do not believe that

This answer was rated:

My mum received 300,000.00 from abroad, we do not believe that she paid any capital gains tax. My Mum has now passed away should we pay the capital gains tax out of her extate or do we have to do it when money is passed to us.


Thanks for your question and asking for me.

The capital gains will be due on her estate - as the money itself will be included within her estate and considered for Inheritance tax also, and then any distribution you receive from her estate - will be tax free (as all due taxes considered from the originating source and her subsequent death)

Thanks Sam

Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you