How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I work for a international company, and never work I the UK. Could

This answer was rated:

I work for a international company, and never work I the UK.
Could you let me know how many days a year I can stay in the UK without paying tax
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
You’re resident if:
you spent 183 or more days in the UK in the tax year
your only home was in the UK - you must have owned, rented or lived in it for at least 91 days in total - and you spent at least 30 days there in the tax year
You’re automatically non-resident if:
you spent less than 16 days in the UK (or 46 days if you haven’t been classed as UK resident for the 3 previous tax years)
you work abroad full-time (averaging at least 35 hours a week) and spent less than 91 days in the UK, of which less than 31 days were spent working
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have stayed in the UK 65 days this year
If you were not working while in the UK then you are still a nonresident (spent less than 91 days in the UK).