How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5143
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

In my 2013/4 return, I declared foreign income from property

This answer was rated:

In my 2013/4 return, I declared foreign income from property in France as untaxed (which it was at the time) and I therefore paid UK tax on it.
Now I will pay French tax on it in 2014/5. How do I avoid the double taxation?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

When you complete your tax return for 2014/15, please ensure you have completed supplementary pages SA106 and claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief for any tax suffered on this property income in France.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did read your reply straight away and scored you 100%.


I'll do as you suggest.






Ian Trail